Covewood's main Lodge was created by renowned Adirondack builder Earl Covey, whose other works include the Big Moose Community Chapel and the Twitchell Lake Inn. The first floor has the foyer, living room, dining room, and newly-renovated library. Wifi is available throughout the ground floor, and a room for computer and other business use is located just inside the back door to the Lodge. Guest accommodations are found upstairs.
Featured in Architectural Digest, the Main Lodge must be seen to be truly appreciated. The living room, dining room, and foyer are finished in birch paneling, with hardwood floors mirroring the hardwood ceilings and peeled spruce beams above. The library and rear rooms have antique pine wainscoting. All four main rooms downstairs have their own fireplaces, together exhibiting some of Mr. Covey's finest stonework. The open-air porch wraps around two sides of the Lodge. Its white cedar posts and railings offer a beautiful example of the rustic carpenter’s art.
The Lodge opened to guests in 1925, and hasn't missed a season since. The building originally had eleven guest rooms, each with private bath. Over the years the floor plan has been modified, and several rooms were converted into kitchens. The second floor now has three apartments, each with its own kitchen and dining room, and three overnight guest rooms. All guest rooms have private baths, three with antique, claw-foot tubs and European-style showers, and one with a shower. Four of the rooms have enclosed porches with beautiful lake views. Many families now use the Main Lodge for reunions. By reserving the entire building, guests may enjoy the privacy they would have with their own cottage, yet have plenty of space for twenty or more. Contact us for family reunion availability and pricing. The lodge also hosts early-summer and fall weddings.
Please Note: For safety's sake, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Lodge.